Learning Together Anywhere provides several tools to parents to ensure a clear line of communication between home and the school. Select a Tool from the list below to learn more about our Parent Tools, what they do, and how to use them.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
The PowerSchool Parent Portal allows parents to access all of their child's information in one place, including grades (for students in Grade 5 and up) and attendance.
NLPS uses School Engage to handle all of our online registrations. School Engage can be accessed through the Parent Portal and will be the place you need to go to fill out registrations for preschool, K to 12, Transportation, and Out of School Care, as well as our annual Student Update and Verification Form, which Alberta Education requires to have on file for every student annually.
School Messenger is a communication system that allows Northern Lights Public Schools, its schools, and teachers to share information with parents.
Using the contact information you have provided the school, we can send you automated phone messages, emails and text messages. This includes:
- Attendance notifications
- Emergency messages
- General messages (i.e. newsletters, event information)
To receive messages, all you need to do is make sure your child’s school has your up-to-date contact information - phone numbers and email addresses. Then, if you want to receive text messages, you must text Y to 978-338 to give your consent.
Please note that you cannot respond to text messages sent to you from the 978-338 number. If you receive a text message and wish to follow up, please call or email the teacher or school.
School Cash Online
School Cash Online is an online parent portal that offers a safe, fast and convenient way to pay for school activity fees. In addition, the portal allows parents to add students, make payments, check current balance/account history and print or view receipts.
We encourage all parents to register on our School Cash Online portal. Registration takes less than five minutes. Once you have registered your child(ren), you will be able to see when new items are available for purchase. You also can be notified whenever your child has a new school expense due, so you don’t have to worry about missing the deadline.
Please Register Online:
- Step 1: Please click on the button below to go to School Cash Online
- Step 2: Register by selecting the “Get Started Now” and following the steps.
- Step 3: After receiving the confirmation email, please select the “click here” option, log in and add each of your children to your household account. It would be best to have your student’s last name and Alberta Student Number (ASN), which is listed on their report card and PowerSchool (in the upper left-hand corner of the screen).
- Step 4: If you want to receive email notifications when new fees are added, please ensure the notification box is checked in the Manage Your Notifications section.
If you have any questions during the registration process or while shopping online, please select the SUPPORT option in the top right-hand area of the screen.